Best Toothpaste 2019: Choose the Right Type for You
What is the Best Toothpaste for You?
With dozens of toothpaste varieties these days, you may feel overwhelmed by the types available at your grocery store or pharmacy. The answer is that there’s no single best toothpaste on the market. What you will find are different varieties to suit your individual needs and tastes. Just remember, the best toothpaste brand for you is the one which is both appealing to you, and is effective at helping to prevent any dental issues you might have.
Different Toothpastes for Different Needs
Of course, you can buy a variety of different toothpastes to suit the tastes and needs of your family members. Today, there are toothpastes to meet the oral care needs of virtually everybody including those that help prevent plaque, gum problems, cavities, enamel wear, and bad breath. In addition, there are toothpastes that are formulated to relieve sensitivity pain, as well as specialty toothpastes for cosmetic concerns like whitening. Many toothpastes offer specific benefits in addition to cleaning teeth, or sometimes even feature a combination of benefits, such as whitening and tartar control. Be sure to read the toothpaste packaging carefully to make sure you’re purchasing the right one for your unique needs.
Benefits of Specialty Toothpastes
- Antimicrobial: Antimicrobial toothpastes may contain stannous fluoride, an effective antibacterial agent that provides anti-cavity and sensitivity benefits in addition to cleaning teeth. If you use the brand your dental professional recommends, there is a high chance that it will be antimicrobial.
- Tartar control:Tartar-control toothpastes may contain pyrophosphate, which helps to keep tartar from forming on teeth. An even more effective ingredient is sodium hexametaphosphate, which is highly effective in helping to prevent tartar and stains. If you already have stubborn tartar, however, tartar control toothpaste won’t remove it. In that case, you’ll need a professional cleaning from your dental professional.
- Sensitivity relief: Toothpastes formulated to relieve sensitivity pain offer a shield of protection against food and drink. Look for a toothpaste that treats sensitivity at the source, like Crest Gum and Sensitivity, for fast relief and healthier gums. It offers a shield of protection against food and drinks that cause sensitivity as it helps you achieve clinically proven healthier gums.
- Anti-gingivitis: Anti-gingivitis toothpastes are specifically made to reach and treat plaque (and disease-causing bacteria in it) found in teeth and around the gum line. Try a toothpaste like Crest Gum Detoxify Deep Clean, it’s clinically proven to give you healthier gums by neutralizing harmful plaque bacteria around the gum line.
- Whitening:Whitening toothpastes contain chemical or abrasive ingredients to help remove and/or prevent stains from forming on the teeth. When used regularly, whitening toothpastes can reduce the appearance of stains and make your teeth look whiter.
- Other: There are many other toothpastes available including pastes that help treat sensitive teeth, enhance whitening, provide fresh breath, or that are designed for kids.
Dental Professional Recommended Toothpastes
But with all the brands out there, which is right for you? Crest toothpastes are some of the most commonly recommended by dental professionals. Crest offers a variety of toothpastes in a variety of flavors, so chances are there’s one that’s right for you.
One of Crest's most recommended toothpastes is Crest Pro-Health, a fluoride and antimicrobial toothpaste that is clinically proven to protect all the areas dentists check most. Many Crest toothpastes contain Stannous Fluoride Complex, consisting of stannous fluoride and Active Clean polyphosphate crystals to provide a unique cleaning sensation that you can actually feel working.
Visit ca.crest.com or ask your dental professional for more help. For complete oral care, also use an Oral-B toothbrush and visit your dental professional regularly.